Welcoming you back safely to the PAC
UPDATE: FirstOntario PAC to safely welcome the community back to the downtown core with FREE OUTDOOR films and concerts!
The FirstOntario PAC has opened our backyard for safe outdoor programming. Guided by our Safety Lives Here COVID-19 safety protocols, we are pleased to partner on a number of free, physcially distanced events in our backyard, the Mann Raceway Plaza.
The FirstOntario Performing Arts Centre is committed to serving our community and are guided by our priorities to be a catalyst for downtown development, a centre for diverse and quality arts activity, a risk-taking presenter, as well as a provider of infrastructure and support to local artists and arts organizations.
“We are excited to contribute to the economic recovery of the downtown core, as well as support the Canadian live arts and entertainment’s safe return to business by programming and partnering live film and music events at no cost to the public in the summer and fall months. This is our gift to St. Catharines, in support of our community,” says Colleen Smith, Executive Director of the FirstOntario PAC. “The health and safety of our people, our artists and our audiences is paramount in our return to live public programming. We will be using an abundance of caution, in some cases surpassing provincial safety guidelines, in efforts to build back public trust in attending live events as we venture into a return-to-business.”
The PAC team has taken great care to create Safety Lives Here
, our COVID-19 health and safety plan protecting staff, artists and the public while on our property. This plan, developed in consultation with the Niagara Public Health Authority and the City of St. Catharines, is an ever evolving set of policies and procedures that responds to changes within local and provincial jurisdictions. Click here for all of our health and safety protocols
PUBLIC SAFETY GUIDELINES:
- Physical distancing will apply.
- As per provincial guidelines, only 100 people will be permitted to attend the event
- Niagara Public Heath and Emergency Response Screening Questions will be asked and contact tracing information will be collected before entry is permitted into the activation space.
- Masks are mandatory in all outdoor activation spaces but may be removed while in physically distanced pods.
- Physical distanced pods will be clearly marked in the activation space.
- Maximum capacity of pods is 3 adults, or 2 adults and 2 children.
- Capacity of the activation space is 100 people. Once we reach capacity, we will not be allowing any more people in.
- Concessions will not be available onsite. We encourage support of local restaurants and welcome take-out into our backyard space.
- We will have heightened disinfecting protocols of high touch surfaces.
- Sanitizer stations will be at the entrance/exit for public use.
WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW:
- The FirstOntario PAC is located at 250 St. Paul Street in downtown St. Catharines, Ontario.
- All events are free to the public. No tickets required.
- The activation space will open 30 minutes prior to listed start times.
- The public is encouraged to bring both lawn chairs and blankets for seating, as most pods are on the grassy hill.
- Attendees are encouraged to bring their own food and beverages from local restaurants and can consume while in pods.
- No alcohol permitted.